Routine and preventive healthcare can lead to early diagnosis and can saves lives. Nuvance Health offers in-person and Virtual Visits. Our care teams follow recommended precautions to keep you and your loved ones as safe as possible. It is important to not delay care.
Safe care is our top priority, now and always.
Here are some examples:
- Coronavirus testing– We test all patients scheduled for surgery and significant procedures for coronavirus, regardless of diagnosis or symptoms. Patients in our hospitals who have, or are suspected of having, COVID-19 are placed in designated units under infection precautions to mitigate the risk to other patients and staff. Learn more about the latest recommendations for testing.
- Employee screenings– All employees are actively screened in accordance with guidance set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Physical distancing in waiting areas– Our team follows CDC recommendations to ensure at least six feet of space between patients and family members in common areas. You’ll see modified seating areas, extra signage and directional markers in areas such as waiting rooms and lobbies.
- High standards for cleanliness– Hand sanitizer is available at all locations, and EPA-approved virus-killing disinfectants are used routinely to clean clinical and non-clinical high-touch areas.
- Personal protection– Facial coverings help protect you and our staff. All patients are required to wear a mask in a Nuvance Health facility. If you don’t have a mask, a staff member will provide one to you.
- Restricted visitor policy– For the safety of our patients and staff, visitors are limited. Learn more about our visitor policy here.
Plan ahead before your visit.
Consider these tips:
- Prepare to be screened for coronavirus when you arrive.This includes a temperature check and questions about your health and symptoms.
- Come alone. Please come to your appointment alone. If you’re concerned or anxious about your visit, speak with your care team. A family member or friend can stay in the car during your appointment or procedure and be called when you’re ready to go home.
- Protect yourself. Bring a facial covering, such as a cloth mask, to your visit.
- Read and follow the signage at each facility—including keeping your distance from other patients and staff members, and restrictions on elevator use.
- Allow for additional time to get to your destinationas our teams follow the protocols to keep you safe.
We offer Virtual Visits.
If your medical issue isn’t urgent, Nuvance Health offers Virtual Visits. This way, you can get convenient care from your trusted doctor from the comfort of home. Most Nuvance Health doctors and providers offer Virtual Visits for primary and specialty care. Learn more.
Video Repeater Below
What precautions are in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19?
What can I expect during my in-person visit?
When you arrive, please call the Nuvance Health location you are visiting from your car. The staff will provide instructions for entering. Please wear a mask before entering the facility and pay attention to the instructional signs and floor markings for physical distancing.
You’ll be screened for risk factors of COVID-19. If you have risk factors, your appointment may be rescheduled for a future date or changed to a Virtual Visit depending on the type of appointment. Exceptions apply for patients who need urgent care.
Patients with outpatient appointments may be allowed a support person if the clinical care team determines they’re essential to care or medically necessary. Read the full visitor policy for details.
Don’t put your health on hold
Call today. Our facilities are open and ready for you. For patients with heart disease or risk factors for heart disease, it is important not to delay care during this time. Nuvance Health cardiac testing locations and Heart Center offices are open and ready to care for you.