Our doors are open and we’re ready to reschedule your elective procedure or surgery in Connecticut and New York. We understand you may be concerned about exposure to COVID-19 as you return to our facilities, outpatient locations, surgical centers and medical practices. Rest assured—safe care is our top priority, now and always.
Protecting your health and safety
Safety measures have helped slow the spread of COVID-19—at Nuvance Health and across the country. We have safety protocols in place at all locations. So you can feel confident and at ease when you visit us—whether for routine care or an elective surgical procedure.
Here are just some examples of what we’re doing to keep you safe:
- Coronavirus testing – We test all patients scheduled for surgery or other procedures for novel coronavirus, regardless of diagnosis or symptoms. Patients in our hospitals who have, or are suspected of having, COVID-19 are placed in designated units under infection precautions to mitigate the risk to other patients and staff. If you have a procedure scheduled at one of our facilities, you’ll be tested for COVID-19.
- Employee screenings – All employees are actively screened at entrances when they arrive in accordance with guidance set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Physical distancing in waiting areas – We follow CDC recommendations in common areas to ensure at least six feet of space between patients and family members in common waiting areas. You’ll see modified seating areas, extra signage and directional markers in common areas, such as waiting rooms and cafeterias.
- High standards for cleanliness – Hand sanitizer is readily available at all locations, and EPA-approved virus-killing disinfectants are used routinely during stringent cleaning of clinical and non-clinical high-touch areas.
- Personal protection – Facial coverings help protect you and our staff. All patients are required to wear a mask in a Nuvance Health facility. If you don’t have a mask, a staff member will provide one to you.
- Restricted visitor policy – For the safety of our patients and staff, visitors are not allowed. Learn more about our visitor policy here.
We want you to feel comfortable when you arrive—so consider these tips as you prepare for your visit:
- Prepare to be screened for coronavirus when you arrive. This includes a temperature check and questions about your health and symptoms.
- Come alone. Please come to your appointment alone. If you’re concerned or anxious about your visit, speak with your care team. A family member or friend can stay in the car during your appointment or procedure and be called when you’re ready to go home.
- Protect yourself. Bring a facial covering, such as a cloth mask, to your visit.
- Read and follow the signage at each facility—including keeping your distance from other patients and staff members, and restrictions on elevator use.
- Allow for additional time to get to your destination as our teams follow the protocols to keep you safe.
If your medical issue isn’t urgent, Nuvance Health offers virtual visits. This way, you can get convenient care from your trusted clinician from the comfort of home. Most Nuvance Health doctors and clinicians offer virtual visits for primary and specialty care. Learn more.
Video Repeater Below
Don’t put your health on hold
Give us a call today to reschedule your elective surgery or procedure. Our facilities are open, safe and ready to care for you.