Physician Hospital OrganizationFind A Provider in the PHO
Select affiliated physicians are part of the Physician Hospital Organization (PHO).
The PHO encompasses the affiliated hospitals of WCHN and their eligible medical staff physicians. WCHN PHO membership includes Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital and Norwalk Hospital, along with several hundred independent physician members representing 28 towns in Fairfield County CT and Putnam County NY.
For information about WCHN PHO, visit our FAQ page or contact:
Michelle Zelek, Manager, PHO & ACO Operations at (203) 739-8039. TTY (800)842-9710
Board and Officers
- Executive Director - Rowena Bergmans, VP Strategic Payer and Community Partnerships
Physician Representatives, PCPs
- Jonathan Beck, MD – Family Medicine
- Jay D’Orso, MD – Internal Medicine
- Cornelius Ferreira MD – Family Medicine & Internal Medicine
- David McIntosh, MD – Internal Medicine
- Yogen Dave, MD – Allergy & Immunology
- Adam Gorelick, MD – Gastroenterology
- Charles Guardia, MD – Neurology
- David Kramer, MD – Orthopaedic
- Guy Manetti, MD – Urology
WCHN (Hospital) Representatives
- Jayma Waskiel, AVP Managed Care Contracting and Credentialing
- Alison Blanck, VP WCHN Home Health Agency
Recognizing that our national and local healthcare system is transforming from a care delivery model, where hospitals, physicians and providers are rewarded individually based on volume of services provided, to one in which providers will be collectively reimbursed and rewarded by patients, employers and payers based on performance outcomes and the value they bring to defined populations. We have embarked on creating a clinically integrated network to meet these new demands, and to meet the tenants of the Quadruple Aim (improving the health of a population, delivering better care, lowering overall medical costs and increased physician satisfaction).
Current initiatives under the PHO
- Support for community practices to meet National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) level III patient centered medical home (PCMH) certification
- Integration of behavioral health services into primary care practices
- Direct to employer contracting
- Development and participation in narrow network products
- Development and participation in risk contracts
- Provide assistance with value-based care delivery competencies
- In order to meet the challenges of a changing healthcare environment, physicians and providers will need to rely more heavily on technology, data and care management resources. The PHO offers help with electronic medical records (EMR), population health software, care management resources and data analytics.