Terms and Conditions of Use
Terms and Conditions of Use
1. Agreement in Regard to Your Use of This Site
This Site is offered and available to users who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving the Services provided by the Site under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdictions. The Site is directed to those individuals and entities located in the United States. It is not directed to any person or entity in any jurisdiction where (by reason of nationality, residence, citizenship or otherwise) the publication or availability of the Site and its content, including its Services, are unavailable or otherwise contrary to local laws or regulations. If this applies to you, you are not authorized to access or use any of the information on this Site. Nuvance Health in no way implies that the information, opinions, advice or other content on the Site is appropriate or that its services are available outside of the United States. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
You may use the Site, and the information, writings, images and/or other works that you see, hear or otherwise experience on the Site (singly or collectively, the "Content"), solely for your non-commercial, personal purposes and/or to learn about Nuvance Health and its services, its facilities and its employed and affiliated physicians and other health care professionals.
2. Accuracy and Integrity of Information
The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. Although Nuvance Health attempts to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the Site, it is not under any obligation to update the Content and makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the usefulness, correctness or accuracy of the information on this Site. It is possible that the Site could include typographical errors, inaccuracies or other errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the Site by third parties. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
3. No Medical Advice
This Site does not provide medical advice, including diagnosis. Nothing you read or learn on this Site should be considered to constitute medical advice as the Site is provided for general information and educational purposes only. Information on this Site is not intended to create any physician-patient or provider-patient relationship. The medical/treatment-related information you obtain from this Site might be inappropriate for your own situation or might be misinterpreted. Nuvance Health assumes no responsibility for how you use the information you obtain from this Site. Although we strive to keep our information up to date, medical information changes rapidly, and some information may be out of date. For advice about your own health situation, including diagnosis and/or treatment, please consult with your personal physician or other health care professional. Discussion of any medical intervention on this Site, including any diagnostic procedure, any surgical or other invasive procedure or any treatment including the use of any drug, device or biologic, does not imply endorsement or recommendation by Nuvance Health or any of our employed or affiliated physicians or other healthcare professionals.
4. Electronic Communications
By visiting the Site or by sending e-mails to us, you are knowingly and voluntarily consenting to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. If you would like to opt-out of receiving electronic communications from us, you may do so by using the unsubscribe functions at the bottom of our communications.
5. Use License
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site;
- Use any device to retrieve any portion of the Site or collect information about users for any unauthorized purpose or attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Site;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from the materials or contained in or on the Site or transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other computer or server;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site;
- Post or transmit through the Site any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site; or
- Transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or any items of a destructive nature.
6. Confidential and Proprietary Information / Visitor Submissions
7. Visitor Chat Rooms and Other Interactive Areas
If the Site should provide areas where visitors can transmit or post communications or communicate solely with each other, including, but not limited to, chat rooms, bulletin boards and other user forums, Nuvance Health may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any of these areas of the Site. You understand and agree that Nuvance Health will have no liability related to the content of any such communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, tort, contract, etc. Nuvance Health retains the right to remove, in its sole discretion, communications that include any material deemed abusive, defamatory, obscene or otherwise inappropriate.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
The trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos used on this Site are the property of Nuvance Health or its content suppliers and are protected by United States and international laws. Nothing in this Site grants to you any license or right to use any trademark, service mark, trade name or logo without prior written permission of Nuvance Health, except as permitted by applicable law.
10. Links and Hyperlinks
Persons constructing other websites may link to any of the pages on our Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of our reputation, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Nuvance Health’s part. You may not link to isolated elements on this Site (including photographs, illustrations, diagrams, buttons, text or any other elements whatsoever) for the purpose of "inlining" them into the context of other web pages, or for linking such isolated elements to other web pages. You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. Any other use will be a violation of copyright or other intellectual property right and could subject you to liability.
12. Warranty Disclaimer
This Site, including any Content or information contained within it or any Site-related Service, is provided “as is,” with all faults, with no representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Nuvance Health does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials on this Site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. The materials in this Site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. These materials could be inaccurate or become inaccurate as a result of developments occurring after their respective dates. Nuvance Health undertakes no obligation to verify or maintain the currency of such information. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of this Site, Site-related Services and hyperlinked websites. No oral or written information or advice by Nuvance Health or its affiliates or authorized representatives shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty.
13. Limitation of Liability
Nuvance Health and its affiliates, suppliers, employees, agents, officers or directors shall not be responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data, or business interruption) arising out of or relating in any way to the Site, Site-related Services, Content or information contained within the Site, and/or any hyperlinked website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Site, Site-related Services and/or hyperlinked websites is to stop using the Site and/or those Services. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
15. Infringement Claims
Infringement Notification Procedure. If you are an intellectual property rights owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content posted to this Site infringes upon your intellectual property rights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C §512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Such information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements set forth above, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Counternotice. If you have had your content removed under the above take-down procedure, and believe that the content is not infringing, you may send a counternotice containing the following information to email@example.com:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Washington, D.C., and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counternotice is received by Nuvance Health, Nuvance Health may send a copy of the counternotice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days or more after receipt of the counternotice, at Nuvance Health’s sole discretion.
16. Enforcement / Choice of Law / Choice of Forum
18. Your Comments and Concerns
This Site is operated by Nuvance Health. All feedback, comments and other communications relating to the Site should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective August 19, 2019
Last Updated – February 8, 2021