Podiatry is the treatment of foot and ankle problems. The podiatrists at Nuvance Health understand the impact these problems can have on your quality of life. Our goal is to help get you back on your feet as soon as possible.
Conditions We Treat
Board-certified podiatrists are specialists that help you with conditions affecting your feet and ankles, such as:
- Achilles tendon (pain or injury)
- Ankle instability
- Arthritis of the foot and ankle
- Athlete’s foot
- Congenital and acquired foot deformities
- Diabetic infections
- Flat feet
- Foot drop (difficulty lifting the front part of the foot)
- Foot infections
- Geriatric foot care
- Heel spurs
- Ingrown toenails
- Minimally invasive foot surgery
- Neuromas (foot pain also referred to as a “pinched nerve” or a nerve tumor)
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain caused by tissue inflammation)
- Toenail fungus
- Warts (including plantar warts)
- Wounds (such as diabetic foot ulcers)
Minimally Invasive Foot and Ankle Surgery
Your podiatrist will work with you to find a suitable treatment. In addition to standard therapies, podiatrists offer minimal incision surgery (MIS).
MIS is an alternative to standard open surgical procedures. With MIS, there is decreased pain and less scarring than open surgical procedures. MIS may shorten your recovery period, allowing you to return to normal activities sooner. Ask your podiatrist if MIS is an option for you.