Supportive CareFind Nuvance Health Cancer Institute Location
Our Approach to Supportive Care
With Nuvance Health’s compassionate team, you’re never alone. The nurse navigators and care teams anticipate your needs and coordinate services in advance. This approach means you receive therapies from providers familiar with your unique medical situation. We take the time to answer your questions and connect you with helpful resources.
Supportive Care Services We Offer
You have access to a full range of supportive care services, including:
- Cancer rehabilitation: Your rehab team guides you through gentle activities to rebuild strength, function and balance and support your body’s healing after treatment.
- Cancer nutrition: Experienced dietitians provide customized eating plans to help your body heal from the inside out.
- Financial navigation: We have financial navigators available to help you with information and resources related to your cancer treatments, insurance benefits and financial assistance available through grants and pharmaceutical companies.
- Nurse navigation: Specially trained oncology nurse navigators guide you through treatment, coordinate appointments, answer your questions, and expedite access to services you need from initial consultation through post-treatment follow-up.
- Palliative care: We improve your quality of life by reducing pain and creating a comfortable environment, according to your needs and wishes.
- Social work: Licensed clinical social workers who specialize in oncology provide counseling, assessment/referral to supportive services, and can offer assistance with decision-making, goals of care, advanced directives and communication needs.
- Speech and physical therapy: Skilled therapists work with you to restore your body’s function, so you can return to normal activities with confidence.