Home health services
Western Connecticut Home Care and Health Quest Home Care services are available to eligible patients of all ages who need home-based care and include:
Disease management and post-surgical care
Whether you have a complex medical condition, an orthopedic rehabilitation need or are recovering from surgery, the home health professionals work with you and your physician to develop an individualized plan of care.
- Medication management
- Disease management
- Post-operative recovery at home
- Specialized services such as wound care, infusion therapy and surgical drain care
- Rehabilitative services of physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Home safety assessments and fall prevention
- On-call nurse available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Skilled nursing services
Nurses work with you and your physician to design a plan of care based on your individual health needs. They also coordinate your care with the other services you may need, such as social work, therapies or home health aides. Skilled nursing services may include:
Joint and spine post-surgical care
- Medication management
- Disease self-management education
- Diabetes management
- Management of urinary catheters, pleural drains and surgical abdominal drains
- Monitoring blood thinners through point-of-care blood screening
- Infusion and intravenous (IV) therapy
- Wound care for all types of wounds, including wound vacs
- Ostomy care and education
After joint or spine surgery, home health specialists help you continue healing and rehabilitate at home. Services may include:
- Assessments to determine whether you need special equipment to help you safely move around your home
- Assistance managing surgical incisions to promote healing
- Education about the signs and symptoms of complications and how to handle them
- Reminders to help you stay on track with pain medications
- Therapy plans to restore function and mobility
Maternal child health
We provide a range of services for antepartum and postpartum mothers, as well as families caring for children with acute and chronic illnesses. Offerings include:
- Antepartum care (before childbirth): This includes education on how to prepare for labor and delivery, monitoring of vital signs, diabetic education for gestational diabetes, assistance with medications and help maintaining a healthy pregnancy.
- Postpartum care (after childbirth): Services for mothers and their newborns include an assessment of mom and baby, jaundice checks, breastfeeding support, safety assessment, education and emotional support.
- Pediatric home care: Services are for infants, children and adolescents, including assessment and care of patients with chronic or acute illnesses.
The home health teams deliver patient- and family-centered care. We assist with symptom management, enhancement of function, physical comfort, quality of life, emotional support and communication about your goals for care. Palliative care is provided along with other forms of care, treatment and services.
Palliative care services are individualized to meet your needs and may include:
- Pain management
- Management of disease symptoms
- Counseling and guidance about care options in the face of serious illness.
We offer supportive care for patients who are returning home after surgery, joint replacement, a fall or stroke. Therapy also helps people recover from an illness or disability. A multidisciplinary team of therapists works with you and your physician to arrange a plan of care that is based on your individual needs.
Therapy services include:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
Therapy rehabilitative programs include:
- Spine and orthopedic post-surgical therapy
- Walking and balance training
- Home safety assessment
- Retraining for functional activities of daily living
- Fall risk assessment and prevention education
- Assistive device assessments and instruction
- Customized exercise program
- Pain management
- Care coordination with outpatient therapy
How to get started
The first steps include obtaining a referral so the team can determine your eligibility services. Contact us for more information and to make a referral: