Nuvance Health offers additional resources to support you and your patient blood management (PBM) and blood medicine preferences.
Resources for Patient Blood Management (PBM) and Bloodless Medicine
Nuvance Health respects your healthcare wishes. Use these resources as a guide to discuss your care preferences with the doctor:
- Personal Choice Infographic – Visual representation of the frequent terminology used in bloodless care. Available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Personal Choice Definitions – Detailed definitions that follow the same outline and may be used as a resource for completing the ‘Personal Choice Advance Care Planning Worksheet. Available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Personal Choice Advance Care Planning Worksheet – This worksheet details your personal choices for patient blood management. You may choose to complete and provide it to your primary care doctor, prior to a procedure, or if you need to visit the Emergency Room/are admitted to one of our facilities. If you complete it, please provide along with any Advance Directive(s) you have at registration. Available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Personal Choice Advance Care Planning Worksheet with Resources Packet – This packet is a combination of all three resources for ease of printing, and includes the Worksheet, Infographic, and Definitions. Available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Helpful information from the Society for the Advancement of Patient Blood Management (SABM) includes:
- A Patient’s Guide to Patient Blood Management
- Five Things Physicians and Patients Should Question
- World Anemia Awareness
- Anemia Strategies You Should Know
- Patient Blood Management Awareness Week Poster