The Nuvance Patient Blood Management (PBM) and Bloodless Medicine team is here to support your personal preferences, medical condition(s), or religious convictions that prevent you from receiving blood transfusions. You deserve peace of mind and to have your wishes treated with respect and dignity. The teams at Nuvance Health are committed to working with you to honor your wishes in pursuing non-blood medical and surgical management.
Patient Blood Management (PBM) strategies used may include:
- Minimally Invasive Surgeries: Robotic and Laparoscopic
- Harmonic Scalpel, Lasers, Argon Beam Coagulator and Electrocautery
- Surgical Sealants and Tissue Adhesives (some of these products may contain fractions)
- Arterial Embolization
- Pharmaceuticals (some of these products may contain fractions)
- Pulse Oximetry
- Hyperbaric Treatments (for some severe anemia cases)
- Volume Expanders
- Low-Volume Blood Draws and use of i-STAT
- Intraoperative and postoperative blood salvage (closed circuit cell-saver)
- Intraoperative and postoperative hemodilution techniques
- Anemia Management
For additional information and to learn more about Patient Blood Management (PBM) and Bloodless Medicine, view patient resources and FAQs.
We look forward to caring for you in Carmel, New York at Putnam Hospital. We’re seeing new patients and accept most major insurances.