Inpatient Behavioral Health Care at Nuvance Health: Why Choose Us?
We offer skilled diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of behavioral health issues, while providing personalized treatment. People come to us for:
Compassionate, wide-ranging care
Seeking treatment and recovering from a behavioral health issue is never easy. At Nuvance Health, you or your loved one find a safe and supportive environment.
Whether you’re experiencing a mental health crisis or have a family member recently admitted to one of our programs, we’re here to help. We offer a range of personalized services to help you or your loved one manage difficult symptoms.
Eligible patients may receive:
- Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation
- Individualized treatment planning
- Medication management
- Group and recreational therapy
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Referral to community resources
A skilled team approach
When you are admitted to a Nuvance Health hospital as an inpatient, you see a range of skilled specialists. We use a personalized, team approach to give you relief and the support you need to manage ongoing symptoms.
Your team may include:
- Board-certified psychiatrists (doctors who specialize in mental health)
- Psychologists (who are not doctors and cannot prescribe medications)
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs)
- Psychiatric nurses Therapists and counselors
Focused crisis support
Nuvance Health hospitals offer timely, experienced care when you are in crisis. Whether you come first to the emergency department or are admitted to the psychiatric floor as an inpatient, we concentrate on you when you most need it.
A team experienced in psychiatric and behavioral healthcare works to help keep you safe and ease your symptoms, however severe. You find treatment and support that provides stability and gives you relief.
If you or a loved one are experiencing an urgent mental health crisis, please visit a Nuvance Health hospital emergency department or dial 911.
Specialized care for the aging mind
The Senior Behavioral Health Unit at Sharon Hospital offers inpatient mental healthcare for people age 55 and older. This short-term program offers you the care and support needed to manage mental health challenges that come with getting older.
These may include:
- Abrupt changes in behavior
- Abuse of drugs, medication or alcohol
- Attempts or threats of suicide
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Confusion, disorientation and memory changes
- Difficulty with impulse control
- Expressions of helplessness/hopelessness
- Impaired understanding of reality, such as seeing or hearing things that are not there
- Inability to care for self at home
- Inability to concentrate or sudden decrease in mental functioning
- Isolation and withdrawal from friends and family
- Noticeable changes in appetite
- Uncharacteristic anger, irritability or agitation
Contact us to learn more.
Supportive inpatient treatment regionwide
At Nuvance Health, we understand you need convenience as well as skilled care. Specialists at three hospitals in the region provide inpatient psychiatric care for adults 18 and older with mental and behavioral health conditions.
The care team at each location provides:
- Psychiatric diagnostic evaluation
- Medication management
- Individual psychotherapy
- Group psychotherapy
- Case management services
The team works closely with outpatient providers in the community to keep you or a loved one’s care on track. You get help finding community resources to support every step of your recovery during challenging times.
Learn more about inpatient care at Norwalk Hospital, Danbury Hospital or Putnam Hospital.