Sharon Hospital's Senior Behavioral Health Unit offers psychiatric care designed to meet the specific needs of geriatric patients (55 years and older). Our unit provides acute care for short-term stays with a goal of returning patients to their optimal level of functioning outside of the hospital. If you or someone you love is experiencing behavioral health issues or concerns, you can feel confident that the in-patient Senior Behavioral Health Unit at Sharon Hospital is here to provide a caring and supportive experience.
We treat any of the following symptoms:
- Attempts or threats of suicide
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Confusion, disorientation and memory changes
- Inability to care for self at home
- Abrupt changes in behavior
- Isolation and withdrawal from friends and family
- Inability to concentrate or sudden decrease in intellectual functioning
- Expressions of helplessness/hopelessness
- Impaired understanding of reality, such as seeing or hearing things
- Abuse of drugs, medication or alcohol
- Difficulty with impulse control
- Uncharacteristic anger, irritability, agitation and increased or decreased appetite
Senior Behavioral Health services begin with a comprehensive assessment by the Senior Behavioral Health team members. The decision to pursue psychiatric treatment may be difficult, but our dedicated team is here to provide the compassionate support and intervention needed for a healthier future - for you and your family.