LGBTQIA+ Community Programs
Partnerships with Community-based OrganizationsNuvance Health® is proud to collaborate with nonprofit organizations who share our dedication to the health and wellness of our communities. This includes many LGBTQIA+ partners.
Our hospitals offer community outreach programs and sponsorships to nonprofit organizations to promote wellness and health education. Our doctors and staff are committed to going beyond the expected to help all members of our communities be healthy and stay well.
We are motivated by a commitment to the communities we serve. Learn more about our community outreach.
SponsorshipsWe sponsor many nonprofit organizations to promote wellness and health education, including LGBTQIA+ initiatives. We are proud to collaborate with partners like Triangle Community Center in Norwalk and Dutchess County Pride Center. They share our dedication to the health and wellness of our communities.
Nuvance Health LGBTQIA+ Patient and Family Advisory CouncilThe Nuvance Health LGBTQIA+ Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) includes patients and families who have received care within the past year from Nuvance Health. The goal of this council is to create a welcoming environment within our organization that is inclusive for all patients.
Goals of the LGBTQIA+ PFAC
This group addresses issues concerning many aspects of patient care, including care quality, communications, patient safety and staff education. Specific goals of the council include:
- Better communication with LGBTQIA+ patients and families
- Community outreach
- Promoting health equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Staff engagement and training
- Understanding LGBTQIA+ health issues
How to get involved with LGBTQIA+ PFAC
We are looking for advisory council members throughout a wide geographical area that spans Connecticut and New York’s Hudson Valley. Criteria to become a member include:
- Only patients and families who have received care within the past year from Nuvance Health
- Members should be committed to building a partnership to understand the needs of the communities they represent
- Members should be committed to implementing programs and policies to address healthcare opportunities within Nuvance Health
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact Amy Lionheart, Network Manager of Volunteer Services at email@example.com.