Before recommending surgery, Nuvance Health uses advanced cardiac imaging and testing
to create detailed images of your heart. We create a customized treatment plan for your specific needs.
Heart Surgery Procedures We Perform
We perform the full range of heart surgery procedures, including:
Heart valve surgery
We repair valves and other structures in your heart to improve function:
- Minimally invasive and open valve repair or replacement: Repairing leaky mitral, aortic and tricuspid valves, using less invasive approaches whenever possible to shorten recovery time
- Valve-sparing aortic root replacement (or David procedure): Sparing otherwise healthy aortic valves during surgery to help you avoid the need for blood-thinning medication
Cardiovascular surgeons treat blood vessels in your heart. Nuvance Health offers the full range of cardiovascular surgery procedures, including:
- Adult congenital heart surgery: Treating patients with congenital (present at birth) heart problems who need their first operation or another operation after a previous surgery
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG): Rerouting blood around a coronary artery blockage, using part of a healthy blood vessel from elsewhere in your body
- Beating heart or “off pump” coronary artery bypass grafting: Stabilizing the heart’s surface to reroute blood flow without stopping the heart or using a heart-lung machine, reducing certain risks, compared with traditional procedures
- Complex re-operations: Performing surgery for patients who have already undergone one or more open-heart or interventional procedures, such as devices or stents
- Comprehensive aortic surgery: Advanced interventions for the largest artery in the body, which runs through the chest. We treat all parts of the thoracic aorta using open-surgical and hybrid procedures
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygen (ECMO): Using a heart-lung machine to send oxygen-rich blood back into the body for patients with a failing heart
- Endovascular stent graft repair: Repairing a tube (stent) within your veins using minimally invasive techniques, to treat aneurysms and maintain proper blood flow
- Hybrid ablation for persistent atrial fibrillation: Using radiofrequency energy both inside and outside the heart to destroy faulty heart tissue and restore normal heart rhythm
- Procedures for aneurysm patients who had prior open-heart surgery: Using special techniques to prevent risk and effectively treat aneurysms
- Surgery to treat pulmonary embolism: Surgically removing a pulmonary embolism (blockage in the lungs)
Customized Care and Support for Heart Disease
Heart surgery is part of your customized treatment plan, which may include heart medicine, vascular medicine, vascular surgery and interventional cardiology.
Keeping your heart healthy is a lifelong journey. We support you with follow-up appointments to monitor your heart’s function and ensure you’re feeling well.