Renowned Stroke Care at Nuvance Health
Nuvance Health consistently delivers care that meets or exceeds national guidelines, earning our programs national recognition including:
Joint Commission Certifications
- Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center Certification: Norwalk Hospital
- Primary Stroke Center Certification: Danbury Hospital, Norwalk Hospital, Sharon Hospital and Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Get with the Guidelines Recognition
2021 Gold Plus with Target - Stroke Honor Roll Elite: Norwalk Hospital
- 2021 Gold Plus Award with Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
- 2021 Gold Plus Award: Putnam Hospital
- 2021 Silver Plus with Target - Stroke Honor Roll: Danbury Hospital
- 2021 Silver Plus Award: Northern Dutchess Hospital and Sharon Hospital
Commission for Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) Designation
Northern Dutchess Hospital has earned the highest CARF accreditation level. This achievement means you can count on us for rehabilitation services that maximize your recovery.
At Nuvance Health, you have access to more of the services you need close to home. We offer:
- Emergency stroke care: Stroke specialists are available around the clock and come together within minutes to evaluate stroke symptoms. We use a team approach to coordinate care and help you receive the therapies that are right for your needs. Find out more about acute stroke treatment.
- Leading treatments: Nuvance Health was one of the first programs in the region to offer mechanical thrombectomy for complex strokes. Doctors use small incisions and sophisticated instruments to remove blood vessel blockages and restore blood flow to the brain. Get more information about mechanical thrombectomy.
- Rehabilitation: You receive therapies that maximize your recovery from the effects of stroke. Rehabilitation specialists develop a personalized plan that may include physical therapy and assistance from social workers. Read more about stroke rehabilitation.
- Prevention: Survivors face a higher risk of future stroke. Stroke specialists deliver a range of services, including monitoring and procedures when necessary, to lower this risk. Learn more about aneurysm, cerebrovascular disease and stroke prevention.
- Support: When someone experiences a stroke, it can impact their entire family. We help ease some of the stress of stroke recovery with a support group for patients and their loved ones.