Vascular disease affects your body’s complex system of veins and arteries. Narrowed vessels can cause leg pain when walking, erectile dysfunction or skin ulcers. Veins that don’t work correctly can lead to swelling, leg cramping, blood clots or wounds on the legs.
If unrecognized and untreated, vascular disease can lead to serious problems, such as stroke, aneurysms, high blood pressure or the need for an amputation.
Comprehensive Care for Vascular Disease
Surgical or non-invasive treatment can restore proper blood flow and improve your quality of life. Nuvance Health™ offers comprehensive diagnosis and advanced treatment, including vascular medicine and vascular surgery, for all types of vascular disease:
- Carotid artery disease
- Chronic venous disease
- Chronic wound management
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Mesenteric ischemia
- Peripheral vascular disease, including peripheral arterial disease
- Thoracic aortic disease
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
Diagnosis for Peripheral Vascular Disease
We use advanced diagnostic tools to study your blood vessels and check for any problems. Learn more about cardiovascular imaging and testing.
Treatment for Peripheral Vascular Disease
Vascular surgeons and cardiologists work together to determine an effective treatment plan. We use image-guided catheters to repair damaged vessels, taking a minimally invasive approach whenever possible. Your treatment may include:
- Medication to improve blood flow and prevent surgery.
- Atherectomy surgery to shave away blockages using a tiny device on the end of a catheter.
- Balloon angioplasty to restore blood flow in blocked arteries
- Stents to keep blood vessels open after angioplasty
- Mesenteric artery stenting to restore blood flow to the intestines
- Surgical thrombectomy to remove clots from a vein or artery in the most urgent cases
- Bypass surgery to restore blood flow to the arteries of the legs and intestines
Ongoing Support for Peripheral Vascular Disease
Keeping your blood vessels healthy is a lifelong journey. We support you with follow-up appointments to monitor your circulation and heart’s function and ensure you’re feeling well.