Nuvance Health trains the community in lifesaving techniques. For the full list of courses and descriptions, or to register for a course, please visit the class schedule.Visit the class schedule
Some of the most popular courses we offer include:
- CPR techniques including the proper use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- American Heart Association BLS, PALS & ACLS courses
- Mental health first aid
- Babysitter preparedness
- Wilderness first aid
- Sports first aid
- Pet first aid
Opportunities for Training and Certification
Count on Nuvance Health for:
- Group training for businesses and organizations: We come to your location or you can come to one of ours. We offer a discount for groups of 25 or more.
- CPR in schools: Trainers can come to your school and teach a wide variety of courses. We offer faculty member training and will help you find the right training course for your school.
- Educational partnerships: We partner with adult continuing education programs, colleges, medical technological institutes and other educational facilities. These partnerships increase the variety of courses offered.
- One-on-one training: If your schedule does not allow you to take the courses on the dates we offer, we can teach you on an individual basis.
- Online training: We offer blended training that combines online learning with an instructor-based skills practice and testing session.
- Hands-Only CPR training: While CPR with breaths and compressions is the best practice when helping someone, you can still assist by performing Hands-Only CPR. Watch this video from the American Heart Association and learn Hands-Only CPR in less than two minutes.
- Child seat checks: Make your child’s ride a safe one with our no-cost safety checks. Learn more about car seat child safety.
- Help becoming a public AED site: Is your business or organization considering installing AEDs and becoming a Public Access Defibrillator (PAD) Site? We can help you with:
- Completing the New York State paperwork
- Equipment selection
- Policies and procedures for AED use and maintenance
- Finding eligible grants
- Yearly location drills
- Required training for staff
- Meeting eligibility requirements to become a designated member of the Dutchess County Heart Safe Community or the Ulster County Heart Safe Community.
Training Organization Affiliations
We offer courses and certifications through the:
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- Emergency Care and Safety Institute (ECSI)
- American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI)
- National Council for Behavioral Health
- American Safety Institute
- American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
Community Education at Nuvance Health