Choosing a PCP
When it comes to primary care, we know how important it is to have a provider you can trust to meet your health needs. That’s why we have many experienced physicians from multiple specialties located at hospitals, medical practices and urgent care locations in New York State's Mid-Hudson Valley region and Western Connecticut.Find a Primary Care Provider
Primary care providers are your go-to specialists for a variety of health needs. Our providers offer a variety of services and comprehensive care including:
- Sick Care: When you aren’t feeling well, you receive timely assessments and treatments from providers who understand your needs and health history.
- Preventive Services: Primary care providers coordinate evaluations and testing to detect the early signs of health issues like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Read more about preventive care.
- General Medicine : You have access to care for common conditions including low back pain, asthma, and diabetes without seeing a specialist.
- Care Coordination: PCPs arrange referrals to specialists for advanced and complex conditions. If you go to the hospital and need follow-up care, we are here for you.
Types of Primary Care Physicians at Nuvance Health
Our primary care team is made up of experienced physicians representing a variety of specialties including family practice and pediatric care. We'll get you connected to the provider that’s right for your needs.
Our providers offer care in the following areas:
- Internal Medicine Physician: Internists deliver primary care services to adults. They routinely oversee services for people seeking to stay healthy or managing chronic conditions. Internal medicine providers also assist with care for patients with complex medical needs.
- Family Medicine: Family doctors treat patients of all ages, including babies and seniors, so your entire family can receive services from a single provider.
- Pediatric Primary Care: Pediatricians specialize in the unique needs of children, including infants and teenagers. They provide well-child care and treatment for routine childhood ailments and help guide parents to foster their child’s positive mental, social, and physical health.
- Advance Practice Providers: Advanced practice providers perform many of the same duties as physicians, except they are physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, and certified registered nurse anesthetists. APPs undergo training that helps them support your care. An APP can meet all of your primary care needs while working collaboratively with your primary care physician.
Our primary care providers are committed to your health and wellness. Choose Nuvance Health to treat you and your family.