Choosing a PCP
When it comes to primary care, you have a choice of experienced providers from multiple specialties at convenient locations close to home.Find a Primary Care Provider
Primary care providers are your go-to specialists for a variety of health needs that include:
- Sick care: When you aren’t feeling well, you receive timely assessments and treatments from providers who understand your needs and health history.
- Preventive services: PCPs coordinate evaluations and testing to detect the early signs of health issues like heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Read more about preventive care.
- Basic treatments: You have access to care for common conditions including low back pain, asthma and depression without seeing a specialist.
- Care coordination: PCPs arrange referrals to specialists for advanced and complex conditions. If you go to the hospital and need follow-up care, we are here for you.
Types of PCPs at Nuvance Health
The team includes experienced PCPs representing a variety of specialties. They are based in locations throughout New York’s Hudson Valley and Western Connecticut, making it easier to find one that meets your needs.
Types of providers that can be your PCP include:
- Internal medicine doctors: Internists deliver primary care services to adults. They routinely oversee services for people with complex medical needs.
- Family medicine: These providers treat people of all ages, including newborns and young children, so your entire family can receive services from a single provider.
- Pediatricians: Doctors specializing in the unique needs of children, including infants and teenagers.
- Advance practice providers: Physician assistants and nurse practitioners undergo training that helps them support your care. They can meet all of your primary care needs while working collaboratively with primary care physicians.