Expanded benefits for Medicare Patients
To our valued Medicare patients:
During this challenging time, we want to make sure you are staying connected with your doctor and your health care team.
Medicare has approved several new ways that your doctor and medical team can care for you without the need to come to the office or emergency room. Please call your primary care doctor’s office to schedule any of these visits below:
- Virtual visits – You and your doctor can communicate on your computer, tablet, or smartphone so you can see and hear each other. These visits are similar to a regular office visit except that your doctor won’t be able to perform a complete physical exam. The visits are easy to set up. Our office staff will guide you through the process and make sure you can easily connect using the Virtual Visit app on your phone, tablet or the website using your computer.
These visits are helpful for:
- Following up on your ongoing health problems like blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- Evaluation of new concerns like cold symptoms, pain, urinary tract symptoms.
- Annual wellness visits to help make sure your preventive care is up to date.
- Telephone visits – This is a visit without video that is handled completely over the telephone. These visits are helpful for:
- Addressing a simple question or condition
- Patients who don’t have a laptop, tablet, or smartphone
- Behavioral health visits – This is a Virtual Visit with one of our licensed therapists to help with managing the symptoms of stress, anxiety, or depression associated with the current situation.
- Advanced care planning visits – This is a Virtual visit with your doctor or care team to make sure your wishes and preferences are clear if you were to become ill during this crisis or after.
We want to make sure we are doing everything we can to make sure that you and your family stay healthy at home during this difficult time, and may be reaching out to see how you are doing. Please call your primary care doctor’s office to schedule a virtual visit and let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help.
Your Health Care Team at Nuvance Health – Primary Care