Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Care teams ready to service youFind Doctors
Our Featured Services
View all services
Stay connected with us through the MyNuvanceHealth patient portal.Patient Portals
Billing and Insurance
View the list of insurances we accept and get your billing questions answered.Billing and Insurance
Patient Financial Assitance
If you are uninsured, underinsured or need help paying your hospital bills, we may be able to help.Financial Assistance
Giving at Vassar Brothers Medical CenterVBMC relies on community support to continue our tradition of delivering dedicated patient care, research and community outreach in the region. We offer many ways to give and all gifts, no matter the size, are tax-deductible.
Price Transparency and Cost Estimator ToolsNuvance Health hospitals offer easy-to-access cost estimator tools for certain hospital items and services. These price lists comply with new federal government regulations aimed at increasing healthcare transparency for consumers. We know understanding medical bills can be difficult. We're here to help.
- Emergency Department: Communicate our genuine concern and compassion for patients and their families.
- Music Therapy: Volunteers trained in the clinical use of music to accomplish individualized goals such as reducing stress, improving mood and self-expression
- Patient care areas: Assist our staff with delivering kind, compassionate care to our patients, guests and staff.
- Patient to Patient, Family to Family Emotional Support Volunteer: Peer-to-peer supporters are people who have “been there.” They are empathetic and compassionate, working with those who have similar life circumstances to their own. Although the experience of one person can never be exactly the same experience as another, having someone to relate to can be incredibly supportive and reassuring. A peer-to-peer supporter, using the appropriate skills, can help an individual navigate their health journey from a physical, emotional and spiritual perspective.
- Pet therapy: This program welcomes volunteers whose dogs are qualified with an approved organization (Good Dog Foundation, Therapy Dogs International and Pet Partners)to engage with patients and staff throughout the hospital. Volunteers must be 18 years or older to participate and able to commit to at least three visits per month.
How to Become a Volunteer
Vassar Brothers Medical Center Board of Directors
Kimberly Heller, MD
Thomas Robinson, MD
Ronald Tatelbaum, MD
James Walker, Jr.
Shay Humphrey, Chair
Kevin Cleary, Vice Chair
Susan Browning, President
Foundation for Vassar Brothers Medical Center Board of Directors
Mark Harrison, MD
Craig Irwin, Vice Chair
Kimberly Hunt Lee
Sarah Levine, Chair
Michael Mazzuca, Jr.
Niloufer Rodrigues, MD
Janelle Anne Styles
Grace Linhard, Chief Development Officer
Brian Wyatt, Secretary
Dan DeBarba, Treasurer