The Goldstone Caregiver Center
As a caregiver, you have likely struggled physically, emotionally or spiritually at some point during your journey. Recognizing that healthy self-care is essential, the Goldstone Caregiver Center provides support to caregivers in a variety of ways.
The Center is available to those who are the primary source of caring for a family member or friend. We offer:
We provide a comfortable place to rest, reflect and recharge. Here, you’ll find:
- Quiet rooms for respite or private conversation
- Computer workstations for internet or email access, copier, telephones and fax services
- Access to a library specializing in caregivers’ resources
We offer professional counseling from a licensed clinical social worker and:
- Volunteer Caregiver Coaches trained to support families
- Support groups
- Educational programs
- End-of-life support
- Listings of community resources
We invite you to attend our programs regardless of who you care for. While all programs listed have traditionally taken place at the Goldstone Caregiver Center located at Danbury Hospital, we are now providing our programs through Zoom during the COVID-19 pandemic. We also welcome New Milford and surrounding community members.
You may benefit from:
- Caregiver Support Group: Being a Caregiver can be incredibly rewarding. It can also be one of the most difficult and isolating times a person can go through. If you are caring for a family member and have experienced frustration, sadness, guilt or anxiety through your caregiving journey, you are not alone. Take the opportunity to meet other caregivers to share your experiences and learn strategies to reduce your stress. Please contact Miranda Dold, LCSW at (203) 739-4921 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Grief Recovery Method® Grief Support Group: This group meets for eight weeks and offers a step-by-step action program for moving beyond death, divorce and other losses. Group members are expected to attend all sessions. To register or for further information, contact Chaplain Beryl Knudsen, Certified Grief Recovery Specialist at (203) 739-7135 or email@example.com.
Recorded Zoom programs
Please access these informative webinars at your convenience:
Gladstone Caregiver Center is open:
Monday through Friday: 9 am to 4 pm
Weekends and holidays: Closed