The Goldstone Caregiver Center
As a caregiver, you have likely struggled physically, emotionally or spiritually at some point during your journey. Recognizing that healthy self-care is essential, the Goldstone Caregiver Center provides support to caregivers in a variety of ways. You don’t have to be caring for a patient of Nuvance Health to access our support and programs.
Weekdays: 11 am - 5 pm (hours subject to change)*
Weekends and holidays: Closed
*View our full visitation policy here.
We provide a comfortable place to rest, reflect and recharge. Here, you’ll find:
- Quiet rooms for respite or private conversation
- Computer workstations for internet or email access, copier, telephones and fax services
- Access to a library specializing in caregivers’ resources
Members of our clinical team provide professional counseling and other supportive services including:
We welcome caregivers from communities outside of the Danbury area and invite you to attend our programs regardless of who you care for. While all programs have traditionally taken place at the Goldstone Caregiver Center at Danbury Hospital, we are now providing our programs through Zoom during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support groups
- Educational programs
- End-of-life support
- Listings of community resources
You may benefit from:
- Caregiver Support Group: Being a Caregiver can be incredibly rewarding. It can also be one of the most difficult and isolating times a person can go through. If you are caring for a family member and have experienced frustration, sadness, guilt or anxiety through your caregiving journey, you are not alone. Take the opportunity to meet other caregivers to share your experiences and learn strategies to reduce your stress. Please contact Miranda Dold, LCSW at (203) 739-4921 or email@example.com to learn more.
- Grief Recovery Method® Grief Support Group: This group meets for eight weeks and offers a step-by-step action program for moving beyond death, divorce and other losses. Group members are expected to attend all sessions. To register or for further information, contact Chaplain Beryl Knudsen, Certified Grief Recovery Specialist at (203) 739-7135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programs and Events
The Goldstone Caregiver Center has been partnering with various speakers to discuss topics from COVID-19 to asset protection, stress management and more. We invite you to access our informative programs and events at your convenience.
View of full video library here or learn more about our upcoming programs and events.
For questions or general information contact us by phone: (203) 739-7027 or email: email@example.com