Nuvance Health’s personalized approach helps you understand and reduce your risk for cardiovascular disease. Our preventive cardiology program is designed for anyone who wants to lead a heart-healthy life, including people with:
- A family history of heart or vascular disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or high cholesterol
Preventive cardiology helps you make lifestyle changes and embark on a treatment plan to:
- Manage and prevent cardiovascular disease from worsening
- Reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke, or developing cardiovascular disease, such as coronary artery disease
- Reduce the need for surgery
- Improve your quality of life by reducing symptoms
- Manage blood pressure or cholesterol
- Assist with quitting tobacco
- Manage arrhythmias and atrial fibrillation (AFib) or heart valve disease
- Manage other health conditions, such as diabetes, pre-diabetes and insulin resistance, and being overweight
Nuvance Health gives you tools to support long-term heart health and help your heart function at its fullest potential. We offer:
A heart-healthy diet may improve conditions such as diabetes, digestive disorders and high blood pressure.
Registered dietitians at Nuvance Health empower you to lose weight safely and lower your blood pressure and cholesterol. Your preventive cardiologist works with you and your nutritionist to set achievable goals and track your progress.
Nuvance Health offers advanced testing to assess your symptoms. The results of these tests help specialists develop an appropriate treatment plan. Learn more about cardiovascular imaging and testing.
Basal Metabolism Rate (BMR) Testing
BMR testing can show the ideal number of calories for you to consume, based on your body size, gender, age and activity level. Based on your BMR results, your care team helps you design a personalized diet and exercise program to support your goals.
Cardiac rehab helps you recover after heart procedures or surgery by improving your fitness and helping prevent future heart problems. Outpatient cardiac rehabilitation includes medically supervised exercise programs in a safe, supportive atmosphere. Find a cardiac rehab location.
Your doctor may prescribe blood-thinning medications such as Warfarin for managing heart rhythm disorders, blood clotting problems and valve replacements. Our Warfarin Clinic offers a customized approach to help you manage your anti-clotting medication.
A simple “finger stick” provides the small amount of blood needed for analysis during your clinic visit. Trained staff offer information, education and rapid test results.
Other Preventive Cardiology Services
Our cardiac wellness program supports you as you make lifestyle changes that reduce your risk and increase your health, fitness and quality of life. Services include:
- Fitness evaluation
- Monitored exercise programs
- Weight management programs
- Blood pressure and cholesterol management
- Diabetes management
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Psychosocial support
- Heart disease prevention education
Comprehensive Care for Your Heart and Vascular System
Prevention is the first step on your journey of heart and vascular health. Nuvance Health offers a full range of cardiovascular treatments and services to diagnose and care for cardiovascular disease. Your care team tailors a treatment plan to your specific needs.