Happy National Nutrition Month! There are many aspects to a well-balanced meal, including healthy fats, protein and fiber. We want to share a Mediterranean-inspired recipe that packs a healthy dose of nutrients in a flavorful and filling entrée!
A Mediterranean-style meal uses less processed foods, which are often high in sugar and refined carbohydrates. Instead, these plates emphasize natural sources like nuts, fruit, vegetables, whole grains and fish to deliver robust textures and flavors to satisfy your appetite.
By choosing nutrient-dense food, you can help reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. If you are interested in losing weight, eating wholesome foods can naturally reduce food cravings and increase satiety.
Request an appointment with the Metabolic Weight Loss Program or call (203) 852-2111 (TTY 800-842-9710) to get more information on how to get a referral to the program.
Learn more about Nuvance Health’s bariatric and metabolic weight-loss programs here.
Sheet Pan Salmon with Asparagus Lemon and Dill
- 1.5 to 2 pounds fresh salmon filet
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds asparagus, washed
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, washed
- 3 lemons, washed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Drizzle a sheet pan with a light coating of extra virgin olive oil. Lay salmon filet with the skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Snap the wooded ends off each asparagus and discard. Keep the remaining stalks. Arrange the asparagus around the salmon and sprinkle with salt.
- In your hands, shred the fresh dill in and layer over the salmon filet. Slice one lemon into rounds and place on top.
- Take a second lemon and squeeze its juice over the salmon and asparagus. Drizzle the sheet pan with 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes or until salmon skin is flaky. If it appears undercooked, heat in the oven for an additional five minutes.
- Serve with a slice of lemon to squeeze on each serving as you please.