Online Appointment Booking with Nuvance Health
Now, it’s easier to schedule appointments with your primary care doctor or specialists at Nuvance Health. We’re making it easier to fit excellent health care into your busy schedule with online appointment booking. Whether you need a physical, prescription refill or aren’t feeling well, your Nuvance Health provider is just a few clicks away. Below are tips to help you book your online appointment. Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
What types of appointments can I book online?
You can book an appointment online for:
- New patient visits with doctors whom you are seeing for the first time
- Sick visits where we diagnose and provide treatments for common illnesses, like a cold
- Telehealth visits that enable you to meet with a doctor from home or work
- Physical exams to assess your overall health
- Annual wellness visits for patients with Medicare who are age 65+
How do I get started?
To book an appointment online:
- Find a doctor with the online booking icon () in their profile.
- Click on “request an appointment.”
- Select “book online” from the pop-up menu.
- Answer the prompts and select the type of appointment you need.
- Select the date and time.
- Enter your personal information.
- Review and confirm your appointment.
- You’ll receive a confirmation e-mail.
Why does the type of appointment matter?
Booking the correct appointment type allows us to better serve your needs. For example, physical exams and new patient visits take longer because the evaluations are more in-depth. Sick visits may be shorter appointments.
What if I cannot book an appointment online within my preferred timeframe?
At Nuvance Health, there are many ways to access the care you need, including:
- Calling us: If you have a time-sensitive request, or are sick and can’t find an appointment online, call us!
- Choosing a different Nuvance Health doctor: If you can’t get in with your preferred doctor, there may be another doctor available sooner with the same specialty. Find a doctor.
- Visiting an urgent care location: For minor illnesses and injuries, you may wish to visit one of our urgent care clinics. We offer early morning and evening hours, and appointments aren’t necessary.
How will I know whether an in-person or telehealth visit is right for me?
Telehealth appointments make it easier to address simple care needs from home. You can request a prescription refill, undergo a follow-up visit or receive sick care for certain illnesses. Read more about telehealth visits.
The choice of whether to visit a medical practice or meet with a doctor online is yours. However, if a doctor needs to listen to, move or touch the area of concern, an in-person visit is better. In-person is also a good choice if you might need lab work, such as to confirm or rule out an infection.
I need to reschedule an appointment I booked online, now what?
To reschedule an appointment, please call your primary care physician’s office.