Support and Skill to Help You Get Moving Again
Nuvance Health physical therapists combine extensive education, clinical experience and current research to create a treatment plan tailored to you. The team works with you to determine how often and how long your therapy sessions will be.
The team treats and cares for people with a range of issues requiring physical therapy. We offer:
Neurological Therapy for the Brain and Spine
Physical therapy is provided to eligible individuals with:
- Acquired brain injury: The brain injury specialists focus on helping you achieve the highest level of function possible. We know you value your independence, so we help you to maximize your capabilities at home and in the community.
- Multiple sclerosis: Together with your physical therapist, you work toward achieving realistic goals. You learn how to improve function, manage spasticity and pace yourself to conserve energy. We help you avoid overheating and ensure you rest, whenever needed.
- Stroke: Our team brings together different specialties to help you deal with the potential impairments caused by stroke. We use state-of-the-art equipment at Nuvance Health locations to provide you with advanced PT techniques for the best possible outcome.
Learn more about the Neurosciences Institute.
Orthopedic and Sports-Related Injuries
The physical therapy team treats many orthopedic conditions. You receive therapy for chronic issues such as sciatica or arthritis, healing from fractures or sprains. We also offer PT to help you recover after surgery.
We know that your emotional health is important to getting you back into action. Our rehabilitation experts help you restore your positivity. We work with you to boost your confidence and enhance your ability to function comfortably at home, back at work and in the game. Learn more about orthopedics at Nuvance Health.
Supportive PT for Athletes, Active Adults and Children
For those with sports-related injuries, we try to make healing as quick and as safe as possible. We treat:
- Bruises (soft tissue injuries)
- Major sports injuries such as fractures and dislocations
- Simple sprains and strains
Specialized Care for Women of All Ages
If you are an adult woman in need of physical therapy, you receive specialized care that may improve your well-being. We offer treatment for:
- Back, joint and muscle pain
- Bowel issues such as constipation and incontinence
- Osteoporosis with techniques to help build bone or reduce bone loss
- Pelvic health, including pelvic floor therapy and biofeedback
- Pregnancy and post-partum care
- Urinary incontinence with pain-free, nonsurgical techniques
Learn more about Women’s Health.
Physical Therapy for General Pains
We also provide physical therapy options for a range of other issues. You may receive care for:
- Post-surgical and post-illness rehab: We understand PT is essential to restoring your ability to be active after surgery. That’s especially true if you’ve had knee, shoulder or hip replacements, ACL reconstruction, or rotator cuff repair. Outpatient physical therapy allows you to continue to receive ongoing care after you leave the hospital.
- Repetitive motion injury: The rehabilitation program at Nuvance Health is designed to meet your individual needs, depending on the type and severity of your issue. Exercise can stretch and strengthen parts of your body, and conditioning exercises may help prevent further injury or weakness.
- Chronic pain: Physical therapists play an important role in helping you manage pain that lasts for months or years. You learn about posture and body mechanics as well as strengthening and flexibility exercises. You also discover the underlying cause of your pain and ways to deal with it without medications such as opioids.
- Prosthetics: The physical therapists at Nuvance Health are experienced in assisting those who have had limbs amputated and use prosthetics. We help you get around, more easily.
- Arthritis: We use a physical therapy approach that is aimed at decreasing pain and increasing function. You receive skilled and compassionate care for ongoing (chronic) arthritic issues such as osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Back and neck pain: You may experience back and neck pain that travels to other parts of the body, such as the arms, head or feet. You access physical therapy focusing on the structures that support your spine and its joints and muscles to bring you relief.
Individualized Physical Therapy Treatments
Before physical therapy begins, you meet with your therapist to develop your treatment plan and discuss your goals. Your personalized plan may include one or more treatment methods, including:
- Ambulation and stair training
- Electrical stimulation
- Exercise programs
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)
- Iontophoresis, a procedure that uses electrical stimulation to deliver anti-inflammatory medication
- Manual therapy, including joint mobilization, traction and manipulation of soft tissue
- McKenzie Method®, which focuses on self-healing techniques
- Moist heat and ice application
- Neuromuscular, ergonomic and posture reeducation
- Splint making
- Ultrasound therapy