At Nuvance Health, pulmonary rehabilitation offers a full suite of services, backed by the expertise of cardiologists, pulmonologists and rehabilitation specialists.
Pulmonary rehabilitation may be right for you if you’ve experienced any of the following:
- Moderate and severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which can include emphysema and chronic bronchitis
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Interstitial lung transplant
After a thorough evaluation of your medical history, physical condition and exercise capacity, you’ll attend a two-hour exercise session three times a week for up to six weeks. When you enroll in our pulmonary rehabilitation program, you’ll work with a clinical team whose aim is to help you achieve your personal goals and:
- Improve your physical conditioning through medically supervised exercise, which will increase your endurance, strength and energy levels
- Enhance your ability to perform everyday activities
- Reduce the need for emergency department visits and hospital admissions
- Learn to control symptoms by understanding proper use of medications, including supplemental oxygen
To enroll in our pulmonary rehabilitation program, you will need a prescription from your pulmonologist. Once we receive a referral and medical records from your doctor, we’ll contact you to set up your initial assessment with a registered nurse.
We look forward to caring for you at our Poughkeepsie, New York location at Vassar Brothers Medical Center. We’re seeing new patients and accept most major insurances.