Pulmonary rehabilitation is a comprehensive program of exercise, education and support tailored to your individual situation. The program can help to increase your energy, build your strength and endurance and improve your ability to enjoy everyday activities.
We see patients with a broad range of lung conditions including:
- Moderate and severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which can include emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pre/post lung transplant
After a thorough evaluation of your medical history, physical condition and exercise capacity, you’ll attend a 2-hour exercise session three times a week for up to six weeks.
When you enroll in our pulmonary rehabilitation program, you’ll work with a clinical team whose aim is to help you achieve your personal goals and:
- Improve your physical conditioning through medically supervised exercise, which will increase your endurance, strength and energy levels
- Enhance your ability to perform everyday activities
- Learn to control symptoms by understanding proper use of medications, including supplemental oxygen
- Reduce the need for emergency department visits and hospital admissions
To enroll in our pulmonary rehabilitation program, you will need a prescription from your pulmonologist. Once we receive the referral and medical records from your doctor, we’ll contact you to set up your initial assessment with a registered nurse.