Don't delay your care - if you or a loved one is experiencing signs of a heart attack, stroke or other medical emergency, Nuvance Health™ hospital emergency departments offer quick access to leading-edge care. We have dedicated space for non-COVID-19 patients and are taking extra precautions to protect your health and safety.
The Anna-Maria and Stephen Keller Emergency Department at Danbury Hospital is an American College of Surgeons (ACS) - designated Level II Trauma Center and primary stroke center.
What is a Level II Trauma Center?
When it comes to lifesaving and emergency care, the facility you choose matters. At a Level II Trauma Center, you'll find:
- Specially designed trauma bays
- A team of dedicated, fellowship-trained trauma and critical care surgeons
- A multidisciplinary team approach involving a range of specialists and sub-specialists
- Cardiothoracic surgery and advanced neuro-interventional surgery
- Trauma prevention and continuing education programs for hospital staff
- Continued commitment to, and collaboration with the EMS community in the Danbury area
Learn more about emergency services at Nuvance Health.