Nuvance Health, in alignment with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Safer Together: A National Action Plan to Advance Patient Safety, will host a Patient Empowerment Workshop series for the community.
Join David Ezon, MD, a renowned pediatric cardiologist at the Children’s Heart Center at Mt. Sinai Hospital, to discuss how patients can gain the skills they need to achieve their healthcare goals by enhancing communication, decision-making and safety.
This seven-part, web-based series is complimentary and will be offered on Zoom on the third Thursday of each month, September through March, 12 -1 pm. Dates and topics include the following:
- September 15 – Making Decisions in the Dark – How to Make the Right Choice When You Don’t Have all the Facts
- October 20 – Finding Strength in Stressful Times – You Can Learn to Push Forward and Find Peace
- November 17 – Creating a Listening Space — How to Help Your Doctor See You and Your Needs Fully
- December 15 – Building a Shared Mindset — How to Engage Your Providers So You Consider All the Options and Know What to Expect
- January 19 – Keeping Safe through Chaos – Learn How to Stay Safe and Respond to Mistakes
- February 16 – ROCK Your World. Research, Organize, Connect, and Kindle — You Can Be the Power Broker Doctors Need to Deliver the Care You Deserve
- March 16 – Mindfulness Practice Session – Practice Meditation so You Can Keep Composed When the World Is Spinning
Click here to join the Zoom meeting
Meeting ID: 973 3524 1496
Dial in: (646) 558-8656
Dr. David Ezon, pediatric cardiologist at the Children’s Heart Center at Mt. Sinai Hospital