Danbury Hospital is among the top 5% of hospitals in the nation.
Danbury Hospital is one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals for 2024, according to new research released by Healthgrades, a resource consumers use to find a hospital or doctor.
This achievement puts Danbury Hospital in the top 5% of hospitals nationwide for overall clinical performance and, along with numerous other accolades from Healthgrades, reflects Danbury Hospital’s commitment to exceptional patient care.
“We are excited and proud to be recognized with an America’s 250 Best Hospitals Award,” Danbury Hospital President Sharon Adams said. “This achievement is a testament to the collective efforts of our dedicated healthcare professionals, staff and leadership team who work tirelessly to uphold the highest standards of patient care.”
We remain steadfast in our dedication to providing quality healthcare services to our community, and this recognition only fuels our determination to enhance and expand the impact of our compassionate care. We are grateful for the trust placed in us and look forward to continuing our journey of healing, innovation and service to those we are privileged to serve.”
To determine the top hospitals for 2024, Healthgrades evaluated risk-adjusted mortality and complication rates for more than 30 conditions and procedures at approximately 4,500 hospitals nationwide. Unlike other hospital studies, Healthgrades ratings are based solely on what matters most: patient outcomes. The 2024 Healthgrades analysis revealed significant variation in hospital performance, making it increasingly important to seek care at top-rated programs. From 2020-2022, if all hospitals, as a group, performed similarly to America’s 50 Best Hospitals, 176,124 lives could potentially have been saved.*
“Healthgrades commends Danbury Hospital for their leadership and continued dedication to high-quality care,” said Brad Bowman, MD, chief medical officer and head of data science at Healthgrades. “As one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals, Danbury Hospital is elevating the standard for quality care nationwide and ensuring superior outcomes for the patients in their community.”
Other Danbury 2024 Healthgrades quality recognitions include:
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Surgery Award™ (2024) — Acknowledging superior, 5-star clinical outcomes in bowel obstruction treatment, colorectal surgeries, gallbladder removal, and upper gastrointestinal surgery.
- Critical Care Excellence Award™ (2024) — Recognizing superior clinical outcomes in treating pulmonary embolism, respiratory system failure, sepsis and diabetic emergencies.
- Stroke Care Excellence Award™ (2024) — Acknowledging superior clinical outcomes in the care and treatment of stroke.
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services in 2024, 5-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack in 2024, 5-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 3 Years in a Row (2022-2024)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement in 2024 Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement in 2024
*Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for 2020 through 2022 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only. Go here to view the complete 2024 America’s Best Hospital Awards Methodology.