Nuvance Health™ offers additional resources to support you and your bloodless care preferences.
Resources for Bloodless Care and Patient Blood Management
Nuvance Health respects your healthcare wishes. Use these resources as a guide to discuss your care preferences with the doctor:
- Personal Choice Infographic – Visual representation of the frequent terminology used in bloodless care. Available in English and Spanish.
- Personal Choice Advance Care Planning Worksheet – This worksheet details your personal choices for patient blood management. It needs to be on file at our hospital(s) prior to your procedure. Please provide your completed worksheet and any Advance Directives you have at Registration. Available in English and Spanish.
- Bloodless Care and Patient Blood Management—Honoring Your Wishes brochure. Available in English.
Helpful information from the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management (SABM) includes:
- “A Patient’s Guide to Patient Blood Management,” https://sabm.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/A-Patients-Guide-to-PBM-2019.pdf
- “Five Things Physicians and Patients Should Question,” https://www.choosingwisely.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/SABM-Choosing-Wisely-List.pdf
- “Anemia Strategies You Should Know,” https://sabm.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Anemia-Treatment-Strategies-You-Should-Know.pdf
- “Patient Blood Management Awareness Week” poster https://sabm.org/wp-content/uploads/SABM-PBMAW-2020-Poster.pdf