Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient ProgramsFind a Behavioral Health Location
For compassionate care and personalized therapy, you can count on us to support your path to recovery. Find intensive outpatient programs at many Nuvance Health hospitals with flexible options to fit your needs and goals. They include:
- Day hospital (intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization)
- Behavioral health intensive outpatient programs
- Dual diagnosis intensive outpatient programs
Treatment by day, home at night
At the Putnam Hospital, Danbury Hospital and Norwalk Hospital locations, eligible patients access partial hospitalization (day hospital) programs. With these offerings, you receive intensive treatment during the day and return home in the evening.
You attend the program 3 to 5 days per week for approximately 3 to 6 weeks, depending on your specific needs. Therapies are primarily in a group setting with a trained specialist and leading techniques. They include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Wellness education
- Crisis planning and social skill building
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
You see a psychiatrist, who adjusts and manages medications. A case manager also closely works with you on aftercare plans and other needs, so you receive coordinated case.
You access a range of different programs at each Nuvance Health hospital, so you get the support you need when you need it. Contact the program(s) directly to learn more about admissions and schedules.
Locations offering partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs include:
Phone: (845) 279-5711, ext. 6443
- Partial hospitalization program. You attend 3 to 5 days weekly, for between 3 to 6 weeks, depending on your specific needs.
Phone: (203) 791-5187
- This 8 week program includes bi-weekly psychiatric consultation. Treatment focuses on more serious mental health conditions.
- This 4 week program includes weekly psychiatric consultation. Treatment focuses on mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and personality disorders utilizing Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills training and four DBT modules.
- The program includes psychiatric consultation and medication management; case management is also available. Treatment focuses on gaining and maintaining sobriety and mental stability.
- This 4 week program includes weekly psychiatric consultation and is run in conjunction with the Day intensive outpatient program (IOP) focusing on mood disorders, anxiety disorders and personality disorders utilizing Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills training.
- CCATS is an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) that helps adolescents and their families with managing mental health and substance use conditions. Adolescents will attend 3 groups a day, 3 days a week. Treatment length varies. Adolescents will also receive a psychiatric consultation and medication management if necessary.
- Behavioral health intensive outpatient program (BHIOP). You participate in symptom management, stress management and relapse prevention groups. The program meets Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for about 8 weeks. You have bi-weekly medication management meetings with your psychiatrist.
- Dual diagnosis intensive outpatient program. In this program, you focus on gaining and maintain sobriety and mental stability. The program meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. Psychiatric consultation, medication management and case management are available.
- Acute mental health program. The program aims to help you reduce symptoms and explore psychological factors that impact your health. You develop effective coping skills and increase awareness and understanding of your behavioral and mental issues. The program meets 4 days per week for about 3 to 4 weeks. You also receive an assessment and individualized treatment plan.
- Substance abuse intensive outpatient program. This program meets 4 evenings per week to accommodate your work schedule and promote sober living. Specialists use a 12-step and motivational interviewing approach to provide you with support. Services include psychiatric consultation and evaluation, medication management and case management. We also connect you with community resources and self-help groups (e.g., Al-Anon and Narcotics Anonymous), so you stay well.