Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Care teams ready to service youFind Doctors
Our Featured Services
View all services
Stay connected with us through the MyNuvanceHealth patient portal.Patient Portals
Billing and Insurance
View the list of insurances we accept and get your billing questions answered.Billing and Insurance
Patient Financial Assitance
If you are uninsured, underinsured or need help paying your hospital bills, we may be able to help.Financial Assistance
Giving at Vassar Brothers Medical CenterVBMC relies on community support to continue our tradition of delivering dedicated patient care, research and community outreach in the region. We offer many ways to give and all gifts, no matter the size, are tax-deductible.
Price Transparency and Cost estimator toolsNuvance Health hospitals offer easy-to-access cost estimator tools for certain hospital items and services. These price lists comply with new federal government regulations aimed at increasing healthcare transparency for consumers. We know understanding medical bills can be difficult. We're here to help. Learn more about our cost estimator tools
- Emergency Department: Communicate our genuine concern and compassion for patients and their families.
- Music Therapy: Volunteers trained in the clinical use of music to accomplish individualized goals such as reducing stress, improving mood and self-expression
- Patient care areas: Assist our staff with delivering kind, compassionate care to our patients, guests and staff.
- Patient to Patient, Family to Family Emotional Support Volunteer: Peer-to-peer supporters are people who have “been there.” They are empathetic and compassionate, working with those who have similar life circumstances to their own. Although the experience of one person can never be exactly the same experience as another, having someone to relate to can be incredibly supportive and reassuring. A peer-to-peer supporter, using the appropriate skills, can help an individual navigate their health journey from a physical, emotional and spiritual perspective.
- Pet therapy: This program welcomes volunteers whose dogs are qualified with an approved organization (Good Dog Foundation, Therapy Dogs International and Pet Partners)to engage with patients and staff throughout the hospital. Volunteers must be 18 years or older to participate and able to commit to at least three visits per month.
How to Become a Volunteer
2022 Summer Youth Volunteer Program at Vassar Brothers Medical Center
We offer a summer program for high school and college students ages 16-21 (must be 16 years old by July 1, 2022). Email: Nancy.Sheehan@Nuvancehealth.org to request an application; deadline to apply is May 31 2022. For high school students, a minimum of 50 volunteer hours is required during the summer from July 5-August 15, a commitment of one day per week for 8 hours a day. College students will begin in June and a minimum of 70 hours is required. All student volunteering involves patient care either on the nursing floors, outpatient, or surgical areas or as a discharge concierge.
This is a great opportunity to show colleges and employers that you have a serious interest in learning more about the field of healthcare. Volunteers will experience what it’s like to interact with patients and staff in a real-world setting and gain valuable knowledge that will help them with their educational and professional goals.
*Please note that all volunteers are carefully screened, processed and placed in appropriate assignments. This process includes an initial interview with the Manager of Volunteer Resources, a medical clearance, reference checks, a criminal background check, COVID-19 vaccine, and attendance at a mandatory orientation.
Vassar Brothers Medical Center Board of Directors
2022 Board of Directors
Elizabeth Bradley, PhD
Kimberly Heller, MD
Thomas Robinson, MD
Ronald Tatelbaum, MD
James Walker, Jr.
Shay Humphrey, Chair
Kevin Cleary, Vice Chair
Peter Kelly, President
Foundation for Vassar Brothers Medical Center Board of Directors
Mark Harrison, MD
Kimberly Hunt Lee, Vice Chair
Sarah Levine, Chair
Michael Mazzuca, Jr.
Judith Bleakley O’Neill
Niloufer Rodrigues, MD
Janelle Anne Styles
Grace Linhard, Chief Development Officer
Carolyn McKenna, Secretary
Steven Rosenberg, Treasurer