Norwalk Hospital is one of the highest rated hospitals for quality in Connecticut
Healthgrades® has recognized Norwalk Hospital with an America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™ for consistently delivering exceptional, comprehensive quality healthcare year over year. This achievement places Norwalk Hospital in the top two percent of all hospitals in the country for clinical quality. Norwalk Hospital is the only hospital in Fairfield County, Connecticut to earn this recognition.
Healthgrades evaluates hospital quality for conditions and procedures to help consumers understand, compare and evaluate hospital performance. To determine America’s Best Hospitals, Healthgrades reviewed clinical quality outcomes for 31 conditions and procedures at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide.
“I am very proud of everyone at Norwalk Hospital for their ongoing commitment to providing the highest quality care for patients,” said Peter R. Cordeau, president of Norwalk Hospital. “Congratulations to our exceptional, caring clinical and administration staff who come to work every day devoted to making our patients and their families’ lives better.”
Norwalk Hospital has also earned the following Healthgrades quality recognitions:
- America’s 250 Best Hospitals Award™ — 2022, 2021, 2020: Top five percent in the nation for consistently delivering clinical quality.
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care Award™ — 2022: Superior clinical outcomes in the care and treatment of stroke. Learn more about stroke services.
- Critical Care Excellence Award™ — 2022: Superior clinical outcomes in treating pulmonary embolism, respiratory system failure, sepsis and diabetic emergencies. Learn more about critical care services.
- Neurosciences Excellence Award™ — 2022: Superior clinical outcomes in stroke care and cranial neurosurgery. Learn more about neurosurgery through the Neuroscience Institute.
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ — 2022, 2021: Superior clinical outcomes in treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and pneumonia. Learn more about pulmonary care.
- Stroke Care Excellence Award™ — 2021, 2020: Superior clinical outcomes in the care and treatment of stroke.
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care Award™ — 2020: Superior clinical outcomes in treating COPD and pneumonia.
Norwalk Hospital is an acute care, academic hospital that provides patients with the latest in medical, surgical and wellness services. The hospital includes a Level II Trauma Center, Primary Stroke Center and Joint Replacement Center of Excellence, as well as advanced cancer, heart, and neurology and neurosurgery care. Learn more about Norwalk Hospital.
Healthgrades methodology: To measure performance and evaluate hospitals for overall clinical excellence, Healthgrades used Medicare inpatient data from the Medicare Provider Analysis and Review (MedPAR) file purchased from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for years 2018 through 2020.